OSE Insurance is committed to protecting your personal information.
We apply the obligations contained in the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles to the way we do business for handling personal information.
The type of information we collect and hold
In order to provide you with initial advice and during the advice and claims process, we will obtain your personal information, which may include but is not limited to:
- Your name, date of birth and contact details
- Identification information
- Information regarding your occupation
- Financial information
- Health information
- Information regarding your family situation
We will obtain your authority prior to requesting any health or financial information about you to external parties and providers.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways including but not limited to:
- During face-to-face meetings
- During video and telephone conversations
- From our website and the internet
- From third parties such as insurance providers, government agencies, medical, your employer, practitioners and other organisations.
OSE Insurance only collects this sort of information if it is necessary to provide a specific product or service and the individual has consented to that collection.
We may also collect health information about the individual to process a claim under an insurance policy or collect voice biometric information to verify identity or authorise transactions.
How we hold personal information
We hold personal information in confidential paper and electronic files.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is not accessed by unauthorised parties or lost.
We may also disclose an individual’s personal information to others where:
- We are required or authorised by law or where they have a public duty to do so;
- The individual may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- We are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in a number of ways including but not limited to:
- To assess inquiries and check whether an individual is eligible for the product or service
- To complete application forms
- To provide the product and/or service
- To manage the product and/or service
- To meet our legal obligations
- To conduct marketing.
Although it is your right not to provide personal information, we may be unable to provide our services if we do not have all of the relevant information we require to deliver these services.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can gain access to your personal information that we hold, by contacting us. This is subject to limited restrictions.
We endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that any of the personal information that we hold is not accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us on email@example.com
Making a complaint
If you believe that we have breached our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org will respond to you within 14 days. If you believe that we have not resolved your complaint within a reasonable time, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. They can be contacted on:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 1800 931 678 (Free call)
Email: email@example.com Website: www.afca.org.au
Any advice in this publication or website is of general in Nature only and has not been personally tailored to your circumstances objectives or expected outcome, please seek personal advice prior to acting on this information or please contact OSE Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.